Monday, July 7, 2008

Triathlon racing 2008

This year has been challenging trying to balance growing my business, training my clients and finding time to train myself. As for the challenges, I have also had much success this year with my races. I completed my first 50km trail run in March, Diez Vista with my sister Janet. It was great and I was very proud of myself. Stairs were challenging for the next few days but I did it.
Then it was the UBC sprint Tri , 1st place in my age group, North Shore Sprint, 2nd in my age group and the Vancouver World Championships. This was the toughest swim I have ever completed due to the cool temperature 11.9 degrees and the cool air temperature 7 degrees and the enourmous swells. But I completed the race and placed 28th in my age group in the WORLD!!!
After World's I had to start increasing my distance for my longer races. This past weekend I completed the Osoyoos Half Ironman. I came 3rd in my age group which was a surprise to me!!
The race was tough as usual but I stayed positive and was happy with my efforts.
Now it is all about preparing for Ironman Canada in August. I will have to find alot more free time to train!
Happy training!

No comments: